We’re a rapidly growing startup transforming the way enterprises engage their customers when communicating over the phone. Some things that make us different include:
- A team of founders. Most of us have either been founders or ‘first hire’ at startups that have been acquired or gone public. We know and love building products that create big companies.
- We’re not your typical CRUD app. Our software runs across many different platforms (web/chrome/iOS/Android) and connects to a core communications infrastructure that we’ve built from scratch.
- We love our customers. Whether it’s building resources, going on-site or staying up late with them on launch day, we go above and beyond to make them successful.
An experienced software engineer (2+ years) who has worked on non-trivial systems and enjoys creating scalable solutions to interesting problems. You are not only comfortable tracking down and fixing production issues, but can anticipate where issues will arise before they do. The prospect of learning new technologies should excite you.
- Developing new features across the suite of Truly services.
- Assessing and fixing production incidents and bugs.
- 2+ years work experience as a software engineer
- Experience building highly-available backend services
- Knowledge of relational databases
- Desire to work on a team that collaborates on technical and product ideas
- Strong work ethic and team player
- Authorized to work in the US
Nice To Have:
- Experience working on the JVM and in Clojure
- Experience with telephony (Asterisk, Kamailio, SIP, RTP)
- Experience with AWS (RDS, SQS, S3, Elasticache, ECS, Cloudformation, etc)
- DevOps experience
- Experience with containers (Docker)
*We have an office in San Francisco, but half of us work remotely from all over the US. Check out a (totally unpromted!) blog post by one of our engineers about his experience working remotely at Truly.